WTD: Rear Shock Spring, 1.75 or 2" Stroke

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I want to replace the spring on the rear shock of my Schwinn 4 Banger(pictured below) for a slightly longer one.

I need a spring that fits a shock with either a 1.75" or 2" stroke (the spring currently fitted is for a 1.5" stroke), as I want to raise the rear end ride height a little bit (and tighten up the infamously slack head angle!), without swapping the shock out.

I don't know what spring rate I need yet as I haven't got the bike. I've asked the previous owner to let me know what spring is currently fitted, and what weight he is, so I'll have an idea as soon as he gets back to me.

For now though, if you could just reply to this thread to let me know what you've got, that would be great :)

I don't think it matters what the spring is from, as I'm pretty sure that Fox/Rockshock springs are interchangeable - it's just the compression plates etc on the shock body itself which differ.

Picture of the shock, for reference. As you can see, I can afford to fit a longer spring as I have plenty of thread on the shock body for the trunnion to screw on to.

main.php

dbraxis":1t31r3ly said:
brand new nukeproof 800x2.25 18 quid posted :)

Sounds tempting, but I'm not sure whether it'll be too long or not.

Any chance of a picture so that I can gauge the size please?

Barneyballbags":1irwim6m said:
bigmick":1irwim6m said:
i have a fox 500x2.30

£25 posted

Thanks Mick, but I've since found out that the stock spring is a 700, so a 500 might be a bit on the soft side.
Bloody hell, I'm 15 stone and the spring on the back of my Intense is 600!!!

Back