Anyone found the olympic's getting cyclists greater respect?

gtRTSdh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anyone noticed increased respect from moron steel box drivers since the start of the olympics, on the road bike especially.

NO some prick knocked my knee at traffic lights today & was cut up twice which resulted in a swift right foot to one of the assailants!

Tc

Nope. Professional Olympians versus the usual dross other road users face is barely comparable, certainly in/around London.

Another nope, a woman nearly knocked me off at a roundabout this morning on my way to work.

Saw me clearly as she approached and then carried on as if I wasn't there, obviously not a fan of the cycling.

No. If anything it's worse because there are a few more ignorant cyclists about having been bitten by the bug (not a bad thing) and its rubbing people up the wrong way. To be fair, people have got in my way too when I'm getting from work of an evening. That's just me being selfish at people using "my" routes.... :LOL:

Must say I have noticed an increased amount of people, even out here in the sticks, teetering around on road bikes. Saw a kid the other day (well, about 17) looking like it was his first ever bike. :D

There's going to be a lot of gravel rash around this year if the sun ever comes out.

petitpal":3kod1cff said:
There's going to be a lot of gravel rash around this year if the sun ever comes out.

And a hell of a lot of good quality second hand bikes up for sale over the next twelve months. :D

Pretty much the same with me, its a constant battle of near misses :(

I have found myself shouting WIGGO !!!!!!!! if someone does not see me :D

I havent linked it to the olympics but the good ones do seem to have got better giving more room and waiting to overtake. The idiots are as idiotic as ever. The bigger and more dangerous the vehicle the bigger the idiot it seems too

Back