Sorted Judy XLC topping out need some advice what to do

that's up to you blue would be nice ..........i was just hoping you would push the damper rods up the tubes so i could see if there were any top out springs, but you obviously you like taking things apart :D

Can't find an exact manual that matches your internals to check on to be sure, would be good to get another opinion as to the top out springs/bumpers that should be there really........there will be others on here that have that fork and can check......

lol yeah everything that came out is there bud
Well i took the washer apart last week redone the bearings works like a treat so forks lol

Marc

hi , that link showed clearly the 'top out' springs, that your fork seems to be missing.....at a guess unless your year of fork ditched them for that smallsingle black bumper, i would say someone has changed the internals, have you asked the previous owner about for forks ?

Sorry i can't be of more help

Yep already done that mate but he bought it from somebody else so i found out he said he had it from new so am in the dark i have put a wanted thread up for judy bits

hope somebody has some only ones i can find on ebay which are the top seal

Maybe to much to fix

Marc

Many moons ago we had a pair of these on a demo Gary Fisher that I often borrowed from the shop I was working at for a lunchtime hack about. If I recall correctly the OEM spec XLC's as fitted to the Fisher (which preceded the open market ones) did not have a top out spring/bumper at all, and were prone to a rather violent top out as you describe. We ended up practically giving the Gary Fisher away as the problem couldn't be fixed or lessened without very serious modification to the forks, so with all due respect if an experienced Rock Shox trained mechanic wouldn't touch them I'd leave well alone mate!

Ok mate then if possibly as these arent going to be doing anything major

can you possibly tell me how much oil i need to put in do i grease all the coils up etc figuring maybe just put em back together and ride them like i say not going to be doing anything hard in them will be part road part trail until i can afford something else they werent leaking or anything.
In the rock shox manual says fill them up turned upside down and fill the inside from the top just dont want to put too much in them certainly was gonna spend time etc painting these but wont now

sorry for the splurge and bad grammar just have to type it sometimes as i am thinking it

Marc

sorry also like greenstiles says where do i get this bike fork oil and grease from like halfords or something

cheers

Back