New Sedis-Sport chain ?

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Would you reckon that £15 for a nos Sedis-Sport black chain is a rip off or value ?

Thinking of changing my old Sedis-Sport chain on my Motobecane seeing as all the drive train is new bar' the chain.

Cheers.

Ian Raleigh":1ucka2nb said:
Would you reckon that £15 for a nos Sedis-Sport black chain is a rip off or value ?

Thinking of changing my old Sedis-Sport chain on my Motobecane seeing as all the drive train is new bar' the chain.

Cheers.

I used to sell black sedis sport chains in 1998 for £6 - brilliant chains. £15 for a brilliant chain now seems nothing. I'm currently looking at £60 for a 1980 NOS Regina chain :(

I always tried to use silver / gold / slotted chains to add a bit of class :)

Getting to work and back is about 1 and a half tanks of fuel a week that's 90 litres of fuel a week so several hundred quid a month in petrol.........

pah !! buy a regina gold chain from Campyoldy :)

Shaun :D

^ which is what I ride to work on... Can't feel the difference, but they certainly look the part. :D
Nick

Being as the chain is for my 1983 Motobecane i'm trying to keep it as original as i can
so a black boring chain is a must :( Even though i'd love something like that Did chain
on the Hilary site my bike would not be like the team bikes as a gold chain would be to blingy.

I'll send a message to Hilary and get him to put that sedis-sport black chain to one-side.

Ian.

Midlife":2fdg8ss1 said:
I always tried to use silver / gold / slotted chains to add a bit of class :)

the raleigh team replica used to come with a gold sedis chain as standard - i can remember drooling over the raleigh catalogue when i was a teenager thinking just HOW COOL it would be to have a GOLD chain!

simple pleasures.

:)

rusty bodie":2edys8hl said:
the raleigh team replica used to come with a gold sedis chain as standard -
i can remember drooling over the raleigh catalogue when i was a teenager thinking just HOW COOL it would be to have a GOLD chain!
I remember well looking at the TI Raleigh replica's in Graham Reads shop in Mansfield and gazing upon the gold chains,
for a while in Graham's shop stood on display a used and abused actual TI team bike and it had a black chain fitted :shock:

Payed and ordered the boring black Sedis chain from Hilary Stone :D i'd love a gold one but a part of me says no :roll:

Chain arrived today but for a chap who knows a thing or two about bikes!

He sent me a standard Sedis single speed 1/8th chain instead of a 3/32nd :roll: :oops:

More messing about and i bet he says he hasn't got a black 3/32nd sedisport :evil:

Latest posts

Back