Hope C2's - Confused

suburbanreuben":3ug5uvl9 said:
nathb":3ug5uvl9 said:
Cheers for the replies guys!

This has caused me a huge headache as I swear hope say its for a 165 or 163 rotor.

It is. There's no such thing as a Hope C2 160mm rotor. I think they didn't start using them until the Mini came out. You can use a 160mm mini rotor though. They have a wide contact area and are available in 5 bolt fittings, and they still crop up on ebay.
What frame is it on? Maybe the frame has odd mount spacing?

Your joking :(
It's one from eBay, Hope c2 160mm is what I searched for.

It's on a Ribble R4 MTB, I don't think it's the frame because for a temporary measure I have placed a Hope 183/185mm disc on the rear with a +20 adaptor on the caliper.

This is it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160mm-6-Inch- ... 0647320466

Thanks for your advice.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If 160mm, 6 bolt is what you need then that will be fine.
There's a lot of fun to be had with old disc brakes; wait until you need new pads! :LOL:

There's a lot of fun to be had with old disc brakes; wait until you need new pads! :LOL:

suburbanreuben":15w3r1kc said:

Yeah, its all fun, if a little frustrating at times.

I actually managed to source some C2 pads the other week, pleased to say there's still a couple of companies making them.

The best fun will be crosssing all my fingers and toes that the Hope M4's I have coming will gracefully slot into place! One can only dream!

suburbanreuben":28a40bcz said:
Depends on the brake :? We seem to be lucky and c2/o2 pads are still readily available.
I suppose if you were really stuck and i mean really.You could grind down something else to fit :LOL:

I've designed some new discs, going to print them off tomorrow.

WP_000250.jpg

Comparison vs an Avid brake:
WP_000251.jpg

Nice! When you say print, do you mean you can manufacture these yourself? I only ask as I'm after a 165 and 185 C2 Disc's myself! ;)

retrocomeback":1rwkfaut said:
Nice! When you say print, do you mean you can manufacture these yourself? I only ask as I'm after a 165 and 185 C2 Disc's myself! ;)

I mean laser them out. :p

Hopefully should have them by COB tomorrow.

I'll this thread updated.

retrocomeback":2ieoo44m said:
Care to double the order? ;)

Not at the moment sorry.

These are beta ones.

If they fit properly and I'm happy with them I'll "print" off some more.

Back