TI Raleigh SBDU 531 Track Frame 1975

speedthing":3qv6pygq said:
very interesting my friend had a team bike it was an ex works bike think it was a back up bike for the tour de france he got it in around 1983 his dad knew someone who worked at raleigh quite high up from what i can remember its very close to the one in your pics ill ask him if he has any pics of it i know that he didnt have it long as it was stolen form gloucester town centre a few months after he got it.

What a shame it got nicked! It would be good to see some pics of that if they still have some

yeah bet that bike would be worth some good money today it looks like the the bike in midlifes second link think he got it in 1983 but im not sure that it was that years bike it had the thin chrome fork crown but i think the back forks were chrome as well made my raleigh winner look like it was made from scaffold tubing lol and it was very light ive managed to blag the bike that he got after this one was stolen its a red raleigh team bike but it came from a shop cant wait to get my hands on it think its in a bit of a state.

Nice project. I finished mine last year, it's a 1980/81 frame so it's slightly different to yours - see my link below. Good luck.

Pointer":3tgbpblj said:
Nice project. I finished mine last year, it's a 1980/81 frame so it's slightly different to yours - see my link below. Good luck.

Thanks Pointer - yours is looking good. Mine is off to Mercian soon for the repaint.

Already got the parts coming in for it, a beautiful unmarked 1970s 2 bolt Record seat pin.

speedthing":267uin6v said:
could i ask whats the going rate for a respray and sticker job.

Its probably going to be about 130 quid plus VAT - that's the 2 colours black and red.

It's a steep price but I wouldn't trust anyone else other than them. Seen loads of their work over the last 25 years and it is always top notch.

It's a 37 yr old frame that i want to repaint and have last for another 37 years so I'm happy to pay for that. What I don't want is something that costs a little less but looks shabby in a few years and needs done again or has paint that flakes off as soon as i tighten a track nut.

Back