8spd 650c rear wheel.

Boothy

Retro Guru
I'm usually a stead fast mountain bike monkey, but on a spur of the moment I went and bought a road dog from ebay. Shoddy rear end so I'm in need of:

8spd 650c rear wheel to fit a Cannondale R700.

As long as it's got a bit of life left and smooth barrings I'm not too fussy, but i really need it as soon as possible and the wheel has to be reasonable enough to make it to Amsterdam and back.... the rider on the other hand may not.

Help me out if you can! I'm desperate to make a hurried and unprepared transition to the road on this old triathlon hack.

Thanks.

A

LBS can't get the buckle out.... so i'm still desperate for any old 8sp 650c.

Thanks men.

I've got a stack of rims, you could get it rebuilt.

What's your spoke count and rim spec?

Also got a Spinergy Carbon rimmed clincher rear if you're interested.

All the best,

Thanks man,

All sounds very interesting, I'll have to check the spoke count, but the current rims are 650c Sun triathlon wheels. I'll have to check the other specifics.

I'm sure i can't afford the spinergy, i'm just after something affordable to keep the old gal running.

I've attached hte only pic i have, maybe that helps. Can you tell me what makes you have that might be suitable?

Thanks dude, appreciated.

Boothy

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 225
OK, Boothy,

I've only got those Sun M14A rims in 28 holes, looks like you've got 32...

Pair of Ambrosio Balance in bead blasted anodised silver, NOS, no eyelets, semi aero, machined braking track, 470g, £35/pr posted

Pair of Mavic CXP33 in shiny black anodising, NOS, expanding eyelets, semi aero, machined braking track, 418g, £50/pr posted.

Sorry, but I really don't want to break the pairs, if possible.

P8060632.jpg

All the best,

Back