Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Heavy, Carl, hi, thanks for the replies, appreciated.

It's been chucking it down with rain today, but I managed to give the bike a quick clean down with "Gunk" - and it's looking a little cleaner, yay! - and I've also sprayed the 'stucksolid' saddle stem with PlusGas - and it came out a treat :)

Having since given the bike a hose down and tipped it over there seemed to be no 'brown death' pouring out afterwards. At least I think that's what another member elsewhere on RetroBike called it, I guess they meant rust of some sort in the frame.

The derailleurs both seem to work ok, although one of the brakes is sticking a bit (it's VERY early days with the clean up though and haven't even started taking anything much apart yet) but they're no longer black with grime...

...BUT when turning the crank (the left one is missing) it seemed as if the chainrings were not perfectly round :shock: ! A few googles on Suogino Cycloid 110 48T chain rings, however, and it seems it's designed that way :) I'm guessing you knew that already...

I'm intending to post again when I've made some progress, but thanks again, very glad to have found this forum!

pathfinder

I just purchased this £30.

The bottom bracket is shot and some of the components seem to be made of Dairylee. Not complaining tho, frame is Tange Infinity, like my Clockwork.

Not a bad bike in all, once I've changed the brakes and shifters it should be sweet.

Attachments

• SNV36964 (640x480).jpg
    SNV36964 (640x480).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,110
Courier '88

I think i'm allowed in this club now

I owned 1 in 88 (to 2003) and 1 in 2012

and they're in about the same condition....

DSC_1851.jpg

DSC_1852.jpg

cheers fellow huntsmen (followers of the 'fox :LOL:)

Would have said that's a '91, but not in the catalogue here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 1a75d7cd04

So maybe a touch later?

Tousi":1t5xd5sf said:
No idea what year this is, but it is a Muddy Fox Streetfinder that I found in a trash pile on a street corner. Frame is a little rusty, but in decent enough shape to rebuild as a beater. Any one know how to date the frame from serial number? Not really important I know the year, just curious.

011_G_001.sized.jpg

reanimation":1fsbg4tm said:
bikefox2009001.jpg

love mine and want another!!! :eek:

Is that the one I 'couriered'? :LOL: Looking great :cool:

Have one of my own now too, '92 (possibly) Courier Mega, brilliant fun ride, really surprised and pleased with it!

IMG_2272.jpg

Foxx's

A few more for the 'Muddy Fox Club'.
I picked these 2 up for less than a decent set of wheels, not from the same person though. I haven't done anything to them; I will just leave them as they are one for me and one for her!

Attachments

• mr and mrs fox.JPG
    mr and mrs fox.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 1,523
Back