The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
overburys circa 1990/91 elevated chainstay

Great to hear some of you guys could be interested. Glad I found this site.I will get some close up shots done. This bike was my baby for years.. be good to know it's going to a good home rather than sitting in my shed!

Re: Overburys circa 1990/91 elevated chainstay

scoobybrighton":7chdht86 said:
I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo![/img]

Think I just saw this on one of the FB Vintage pages...looks like it's making the rounds.

scoobybrighton":3hdnulk2 said:
I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo!

Wow, you don't see many of these pop up.

Also registering my interest (sorry Carl :)) but got a feeling its going to be a bit of a tussle!

1994 Kona Kilauea, I've recently acquired this and intend to sell to fund some other project, problem is should I sell it complete or break it down as parts, which is gonna make more for my wallet and make it easier to sell?? Must point out that the frame has a 1/2 inch hairline crack to the weld at the left seatstay/seat tube junction, should be an easy repair. It's comPlete apart from tyres and has original spec.
Spec as follows
16" Tange prestige concept frame
Impact headset
Velocity stem
Wheeler h/bars
Kona seatpost
XC Pro 8speed shifters
Kona brake levers
Shimano?? Cantis with koolstops
Lx front mech
XT rear mech
8spd block
Sugino Impel chain set
Mavic 231 on XT rear wheel
Mavic 230 on LX front wheel
XT spuds

All in working condition just spit and polish to the components.

Commonistus soldalotus Saracen Protrax SE

Pretty good condition, all LX 24spd, stem not going to be included so...

I was thinking £165 ish?

should_i_stay_or_should_i_go_153.jpg

It's very nice and I would probably think much the same - but I'm not sure that in the open market many would agree!

seems fair, even if you split it you should get that much there some pretty good stuff on there. ritchey saddle. richer amberwalls, lx groupset. etc. i have always like thos elater saracens.

although i have had a rubbish time selling stuff recently maybe wait till people get paid later in the month.

Giom6":1d3ij964 said:
scoobybrighton":1d3ij964 said:

Shall endeavour to post a photo!

Wow, you don't see many of these pop up.

Also registering my interest (sorry Carl :)) but got a feeling its going to be a bit of a tussle!

Dont stress mate, i have retracted my interest in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back