centre pull brakes.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i am after some old centre pull brakes to put on a friends bike.
i don't want to spend too much money, the cheaper the better.
so has anyone got any lying in their shed ?
many thanks, jeff.

any idea what kind of drop you need?

I have a pair of the venerable Weinmann Vainquiers, in good nick but would benefit from a clean polish & re-lube, but one has deeper drop than the other

can supply some extras with it for a few extra £ (ie pads, hangers etc.)

Regards,
Al

not sure of the drop, but here are a couple of pics of the old brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_5036.JPG
    IMG_5036.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_5037.JPG
    IMG_5037.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 356
videojetman":2c7qju65 said:
not sure of the drop, but here are a couple of pics of the old brakes.

if you measure (accurately as poss, both wheels) from centre of the main bolt that attaches them to the frame vertically down to the centre of the pad nuts you'll get the drop required... imagine it'll be about 50-60mm, then I can check mine ;)

Or you could just read the number on the caliper which should tie in with the centre pulls. I can see the rear are 730 (73mm), I can't read the front but looks to be shorter....

Tel":3hqepe2n said:
Or you could just read the number on the caliper which should tie in with the centre pulls. I can see the rear are 730 (73mm), I can't read the front but looks to be shorter....

:facepalm: or there is that method! :oops:

just checking to see if you're still looking for some as I'm about to embark on a mission to find mine for you! :LOL: ;)

I have one centre pull. The only marking on it are a red V. I also ahave a rear Weinmann. Can't remeber the drop on either but I can check.

Back