Team Sprint Olympics / Best time - poor spirit !

I saw the cheery admission this morning on breakfast telly. Strangely, I can't find it anywhere now, but this saysv it all...

article-2182930-145A94CB000005DC-91_634x365.jpg

NAILTRAIL96":1kdvekjv said:
But he wasn't at home

He is a GB team rider in the London games so 'home'. so the media forget it. Not a mention

Watching it again the bike wobbles even before the turn and he puts his hand straight up as he's going down, it does look like something was amiss and not deliberate.

If it was a mechanical the bike would've been checked by an adjudicator.

If it was a slippery track, sweat or wet, as happened in todays womens race then the restart is allowed.

If he chucked it down then it is strictly speaking cheating, but more of the gamesmanship type. Still cheating though.

And I would have done the same thing.

NAILTRAIL96":1p8y2gz7 said:
"Sport" isn't always about the letter of the law especially at the olympics.

Just look at the badminton players, using a recognised tactic of the sport that was deemed not to be in the "spirit of the games".

I'm afraid that these days, sport is all about the letter of the law.

Its not as if the odd German hasn't been prone to pushing the limits of the rules, stand up Heir Schumacher you are guilty (no offence to any other residents of Germany on here, its just Schumachers antics have caused me much pain over the years and ruined the SPORT of F1, sorry still seeing anger management after Australia 1994, I must let go of it) :oops:

Thierry Henry's handball against Ireland!

If he put it down on purpose then chapeau to a young man with quick thinking.

Its the rules that are wrong.

Back