Show us what you did today, thread

Radoslaw":1l3lxlef said:
Superb. I really like it. Rear triangle look sweet and stiff. You're master of good deals :D

Even to my limited knowledge of road bike that looks very sweet indeed.Whats the build up and purpose? road speedy speedy only or the all rounder?

Cheers gents.

Andy - basically it'll just be my road bike. I originally built up the big.eck Trek at the start of the year to see if I'd enjoy pure roadying. And I do. Problem with the Trek is it's a medium, and getting comfy on it has been a chore - After resorting to fitting a 130mm 25 degree trials stem and getting closer to it actually fitting, I realised I could continue to waste time trying to make a small frame fit, or I could get one in the right size. Enter the large Schwinn.

I'll transplant almost everything over from the Trek, although I did splash on a new stem and bars. I'll also need a new 34.9 front mech. Should have a seatpost to fit in box of spares. Do love the excitement of something new!

zigzag":39plvy4t said:
Cheers gents.
Do love the excitement of something new!
Me too. But can't let go any bike as I need and love them all and can't justify new bike either. I think I've lost my meaning of life... Looking forward when this bike will be build up.

Radoslaw":2yy8uo1f said:
zigzag":2yy8uo1f said:
Cheers gents.
Do love the excitement of something new!
Me too. But can't let go any bike as I need and love them all and can't justify new bike either. I think I've lost my meaning of life... Looking forward when this bike will be build up.

Ditto :D
Will hopefully be arriving next week.
[Obviously theres another lever and 2 more lever caps that dont have any marks on them as you see with these two :? Seems scratches even minor ones are near impossible to hide.Just as well these 2 will be the underneath caps so will never be seen.
Hope team green adjuster is the plan.

Attachments

• s8g8q3q4_original.jpg
    s8g8q3q4_original.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 84
  • nnFMd7RP_original.jpg
    nnFMd7RP_original.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 84
zigzag":1d9ngo34 said:
New (well old) eBay roady F & F arrived today - Schwinn Fastback Pro:

dsc7312nef.jpg

dsc7310nef.jpg

Large frame & Cane Creek IS2 headset = 1462g
Carbon fork & crownrace = 556g

Overall really pleased - great condition. Got to love unfashionable brand names.

looks great, been sniffing round mr p's plastic bike as I too fancy a bit of modern road bike niceness- looking forward to finished pics and first ride report.

well i managed to swap my roadbike for a few bike bits and my first ever genralized :D

d9ed85a4.jpg

it's quick and i've put a few miles on it already :LOL:

Mr Panda":3emihwkt said:
Get that friggin Greeny Pole stripped and painted :roll:

it's black :p thats been years of bikes/moto-x bikes leaning up against it thats done that :LOL:

anyway , it's galvinised :LOL:

Latest posts

Back