Raleigh Randonneur Special Products Division?

Certainly looks like the same bike but I think he has even less info than me on it! He's written it has vbrakes.

I am not disappointed with the frame but because he has called it a randonneur I had mistaken it for the later red randonner but can see that they are not the same.

I have a triple RX100 groupset to put on it, which includes RX100 wheels and RSX shifters. I also splashed out on some BR-R500 canti brakes. I had a 1991 randonneur and the brakes were pretty terrible, so I had upgraded to these before and they were really superb in all conditions.

To top off the build I have bought a Brooks B17 Special, which is the one with copper rails and large rivits.

So all in all I think it will build up to a nice touring bike, I just wish I had more info on it!

Mine's the green one in the first link you posted. First I'd say congrats, because these are excellent frames and ride beautifully.

I'd also say it looks all the world like a RSP Gran Tour frameset. As it was supplied as a frame only, perhaps the lack of spokeholders was a delete option?

Not sure on serial numbers, but mine looks like H yours is F: I'd hazzard H is 1998, F is 1996. Someone else will know for sure.

Mine is has been built anachronistically and gets used for the daily shopping run and day rides.

May have been a special order, as a friend has an RSP MTB with identical decals and head tube badge.

Midlife":u5f7jtft said:
I thought the RSP division products had a silver round head badge with the division name around it...
Only the last year or so of production. Prior to that they used the standard Raleigh heron badge, as I wrote above. The only Randonneurs I've seen with the circular stainless steel badge are the final series that came with the 9-speed XT group and Magura brakes. That would have been circa 1999-2000. A few were sold with a trekking bar and black paint as the "World Tour".

Back