1988 Kona Explosif

adamgent

Kona Fan
Here is my 1988 Kona Explosif

yep4et.jpg

I am the third owner - so heartfelt thanks to John who recently parted with it.

John tells me it was one of the first Konas imported into Europe for a sponsored rider when Kona were with The Bicycle Group.

It is mainly original parts except the very un-retro LX hubs, but they are laced to a Mavic 231 rims. The handlebar is a straght Syncros bar. Anyone remember the name?

I have been working on several bikes for a few years now and in typical London Bus fashion, most of them should be finished fairly soon!

When they are finished I will be posting them here. Please have a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks-a-plenty to all who have helped me source various parts for my various projects. And yes, I've given it a thrashing and it rides really well!

That is really cool, love the colour scheme.

I've edited your original post to include the pic.

adamgent":27b80neg said:
Here is my 1988 Kona Explosif

The handlebar is a straght Syncros bar. Anyone remember the name?

Wasn't it the Syncros shotgun bar...sounds about right to me. I love the pre 90 konas..not seen a track two fork on sale anywhere before but they sell Kona Hots on ebay.com every now and again.

Deffo one for a future bike of the month :D

Rich

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Syncros Shotgun

Cheers for the big-up! Syncros Shotgun indeed! That was their straight bar. Well rembered. I've just tried to google-ize it to find a picture but no joy.

Chin Chin.

your cycle

i had one of these to way back in time i loved it i got it second hand back then had such a good time on it ..sold it and got a another cycle that was not as good ..one of my best rides i have had ..i had the same paint and xt on it ..my aliminium o is going to be done by next month cant wait

Back