What do you chaps wear when riding your retro road bikes?

I have done a 120 mile ride on my Bob Jackson in jeans shorts, Converse and a Ghostbusters t-shirt. I wasn't very popular with some of the other riders though, particularly passing them on the hills near the end. I'll warn you, if you do a ride like the London to Brighton, expect to get some snotty comments when you pass 'serious' riders on their carbon bikes, gels taped to the top tube and full lycra. Sad but true.

Jonny69":2cgfn0ky said:
I have done a 120 mile ride on my Bob Jackson in jeans shorts, Converse and a Ghostbusters t-shirt. I wasn't very popular with some of the other riders though, particularly passing them on the hills near the end. I'll warn you, if you do a ride like the London to Brighton, expect to get some snotty comments when you pass 'serious' riders on their carbon bikes, gels taped to the top tube and full lycra. Sad but true.
Dropping a two-wheeled Boden catalogue ("Toby the dentist, wearing Rapha, riding Pinarello") on a twenty-something steeler of uncertain parentage is a sweet, sweet thing.

Doing it in "Daisy Duke's" is a proper slap in the face...

ScillySuffolk":33lvb7rv said:
Jonny69":33lvb7rv said:
Dropping a two-wheeled Boden catalogue ("Toby the dentist, wearing Rapha, riding Pinarello") on a twenty-something steeler of uncertain parentage is a sweet, sweet thing.

Doing it in "Daisy Duke's" is a proper slap in the face...

scruffy so and so ;)

Decathlon have a few good deals at the minute if anyone is looking for kit. Orange jerseys for 89p if you can catch them in stock - I haven't - yet.

Back