Mostly Complete - GT Build .......... Done for now

Pretty much done, for now anyway. Need to get some grips and finish the cables, but together and tuned. Took it out for a bit tonight .... rather shocking to be honest. In my younger years, when I rode everywhere, I was on old, heavy GT steel. For the last 10 yrs or so, I've mostly been on a Pantera, but recently retired that frame and went back to a steel Karakoram.

Anyway, it freaked me out to climb so easy in the mid range. I think I could ride all day without using the other two fronts. The XTR bits are terribly slick shifting as well. All in all I'm quite pleased. The wife thinks the older, black Kore stem and elite post looked better, but this is working for now.

The only change I expect to make later is to replace the drive side crank. I've got a better arm with a 110/74 spider to go on, just need to find some decent rings...... Oh, and maybe some pedals :? These crusty old clickity-clack things came off the Pantera. I'll try get some better pictures later. My pictures are pretty much crap.

Attachments

• STA71917s.jpg
    STA71917s.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 532
Went out for a bit of light trail, just getting a feel for the set up today and learned a few things.

First, I'm getting old, fat and sweat a lot more that I used to .....
Second, the Zokes are a little soft, so I need to revisit the set up .....
Third ..... something that seems so obvious in hindsight ..... that saddle/post has got to go. That set up is one unforgiving SOB. How the hell did I ride around on hard plastic bmx saddles when I was young!!!!

Anyway ... couple pics ... my pics still suck ....

Attachments

• STA71922.JPG
    STA71922.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 405
  • STA71920.JPG
    STA71920.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 405
Back