Energy Drinks

exbiker":g9cdntw9 said:
Anybody use them, And any Recommendations of which to use or avoid please?

I haven't used any for a year or two, but BITD when I used to race, I used Isostar. Lovely stuff, lemon flavour, seemed to work ;)

SIS PSP22, made up to ~2/3rds the recommended strength, or it gets a bit sickly.

My fave at the moment is nuun's which contain no energy :? whatsoever but replace salts and minerals lost through sweating, I would use this for workouts under 2 hrs, nice light taste makes a change from plain water. After that I tend to use lucozade or powerbar plus a bottle of water, alot of folks don't get on with lucozade but I find the powder mixed weak to be palatable. Don't really like SiS powder much nor lucozade from the bottles. High5 has some fans and most folk who have tried torq rave about it but I haven't tried it. Gel wise powerbar ones are good, lucozade too sweet and sticky and SiS have an interesting texture that I would rather not recall :twisted:.

Well driving for a living and at night ive always used RedBull for energy and stayawakeness but just lately i've been feeling ill and bloated off it so i think its time to knock it on the head. I bought one of the powdered SiS GO drinks mixed it up per instructions and its like having a drink with sand mixed in, Although the actual taste wasn't to bad (Watermelon).

Forgot to add earlier i'm looking for a "still" drink instead of carbonated.

Cheers for replies so far though :cool:

Torq's your answer then ;) they do caffeinated 1's too ;)
Red Bull, have a look at the chems in that and google them, you will not touch it again ;)

I think i need to get away from the Caffiene to be honest as i think thats what is making me ill.
I've just had a look on the Torq website thanks, Does it have a gritty taste like the SiS drinks or is it smooth?

Thanks again.

Back