Shall i dare take them off !

schwalbe cx comp in 2.0 width are the best all rounder iv found yet. they let you go like stink on the road but have enough nobbles on so you dont stack it off road, for 15 quid a tire they are a bargain. :D

Always found Conti cross counrty 1.5 ran fast on the roads if pumped up to max limit but good for light off road...a true classic :D ....did they used to do a 1.8 ? just a bit too narrow for anything above pepple size trails.

Schwalbe Black Jack 1.9 are quite narrow for a 1.9 i was well impressed off road with them and not bad on road for shorter distances.
As one user says :
''This tire is for everyone who wants a tire that fits the gap between the semislicks and knobby tires. It has low rolling resistance for road use''

I'd agree :D

City jets in 1.95 are fine. Plenty wide, available in amberwall or blackwall. You can get them in 1.50 as well, but seeing as you mention "around 2.0", I'll ignore those.

Bontrager Hank is a 2.2" dual-compound full slick. The amount of grip is just insane, but they are so high that the diameter goes up to nearly 27". Not a problem on a bike with a low BB, but with a higher bike you may experience slight difficulties getting on the bike. Good puncture protection and I don't see any sign of wear after 1K+ miles.

There's also the Schwalbe Big Apple in 2.0 and 2.35" variations.
I've used both sizes for a while and wouldn't recommend them. Too much carcass flex made the bike "seek" its own line whenever you were braking, accelerating or cornering hard. You can literally feel the entire front or rear end move sideways by about half an inch, even at 60psi.
Not enough rubber to provide any puncture protection either.

Back