Tom's GT Zaskar

zaskartom

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I bought my GT Zaskar second hand quite a few years ago now and enjoyed riding it, I always wanted one as a kid and when I got a job and could afford one I went for it. It’s a lovely bike, really fast and far better than I could ever ride it. I’m not riding off road much anymore so considering getting rid of it and buying a road bike. My question is do you think it’s worth anything? The main spec is as follows

GT Zaskar Red (year unknown)
Pace RC36 Folks
SRAM 9.0 rear mech
XT front mech
SRAM 9.0 grip shift
Avid 2.0 Brake levers
XTR V brakes
Mavic x517 rims
Hope hubs
Middleburn crank and chain rings (I think)
(Please ignore the tyres, they were cheap and I needed an urgent replacement when one split)

The bike is in well warn but rides fine with everything working perfectly. So if I put it up for sale would you expect it to make much? If not I may just buy some slicks and keep using it on the road but would prefer it to go to a better home. It’s been a long time since I was into mountain bikes and haven’t really kept up with the world so thought I would come ask the experts!

Oh and in case I’m breaking any house rules or anything, this isn’t an advert, I’m not looking to sell at this time, just after an opinion on my bike.

Attachments

• GT Zaskar1.jpg
    GT Zaskar1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,411
  • GT Zaskar2.jpg
    GT Zaskar2.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,411
  • GT Zaskar3.jpg
    GT Zaskar3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,411
Very nice.

Red ano frames were around 96/97 from memory. If there's a frame number on one of the drop outs then that'll be the clincher..

ZaskarMay12.jpg

Thanks for all the positive replies guys, I think I will keep the bike for the time being.

Built up to a 30 mile road ride yesterday, was exhausted by the time I got home and the weather was terrible but I enjoyed it. Think slicks are going to be next on "to do" list along with a service plus I think the back wheel has a minor buckle but apart form that all is well!

great looking bike
u didnt cut corners putting that fence up, thats some mighty fine timber there and built to last, :cool:

Back