Yeti FRO -> C-26 Prototype replica tribute project

24pouces":2dabfdw3 said:
Do you'll thread the BB tube for classic cups or will you prefer pressing bearings like your actual FRO frame ?
(I've got bullseye crankset but without bearings. And the bearings for thread cups (around 22mm inner-30 outer) are difficult to be found and a little britle… )

More than likely the BB shell on the old FRO frame will be replaced with a new one, unless underneath those pressed in bearings are the remnants of threads that can be salvaged.

I do have a stock of Bullseye threaded and pressed in style bearings so either way I will be using the old style, crappy Bullseye made bearings.

mkozaczek":1lzcrgfa said:
I do have a stock of Bullseye threaded and pressed in style bearings so either way I will be using the old style, crappy Bullseye made bearings.
Could you show me some pictures of the bearings and cups or the measure or the serial number… ?

24pouces":2tsytyje said:
mkozaczek":2tsytyje said:
Could you show me some pictures of the bearings and cups or the measure or the serial number… ?

I can snap some pics of the bearings, but not sure what you mean by "measure" and "serial number"??

Here are some of the pressed in style that I rebuilt earlier this year:

http://www.secondspincycles.com/2012/01/refurbishing-bullseye-crank-bearings.html

by measures (mesure in french ;) ) I want to know how many millimeters (or inches) for the outer and inner diameter of the bearings.
The serial number : some bearings got a serial number (6016 for exemple) which says how large is the bearings, and its differents diameters.

But, when I see your pictures, it's not industrial bearings but something specific (like the Chris King bearings…)
So, Hard to find ones…

24pouces":tx0hijr5 said:
by measures (mesure in french ;) ) I want to know how many millimeters (or inches) for the outer and inner diameter of the bearings.
The serial number : some bearings got a serial number (6016 for exemple) which says how large is the bearings, and its differents diameters.

But, when I see your pictures, it's not industrial bearings but something specific (like the Chris King bearings…)
So, Hard to find ones…

Bullseye cranks used custom made bearings, there are no other bearings (SKF, NTN, etc) that fit the cranks and cab be inserted into a MTB frame.

Bullseye makes new outboard style bearings which can be used to mount the old cranks. I have a couple pairs of those bearings and they appear decent at first blush, it's just that they are new not old,

mkozaczek":3banmojf said:
24pouces":3banmojf said:

So, Hard to find ones…

Bullseye cranks used custom made bearings, there are no other bearings (SKF, NTN, etc) that fit the cranks and cab be inserted into a MTB frame.

Bullseye makes new outboard style bearings which can be used to mount the old cranks. I have a couple pairs of those bearings and they appear decent at first blush, it's just that they are new not old,
Yes, I have seen some on ebay. But I don't really want to built them on my C26… :?

mkozaczek":238u15f4 said:
A bearing to support bullseye cranks would need a 34.9mm OD and and a 22mm ID

Should that not be 22.2mm ID as the axle is imperial 7/8". I had to turn an axle down to 22mm so I could use a modern BMX BB with a 22mm ID.

pete_mcc":y12fy0z2 said:
mkozaczek":y12fy0z2 said:
A bearing to support bullseye cranks would need a 34.9mm OD and and a 22mm ID

Should that not be 22.2mm ID as the axle is imperial 7/8". I had to turn an axle down to 22mm so I could use a modern BMX BB with a 22mm ID.

Yes, you are correct.

Back