Shall i dare take them off !

I put Conti Double fighter semi slick and Schwalbe Fast Freds on a bike . utterly pointless!
(to the point i considered winter tyre sin June!)

taffy":3sw8lqkb said:
I put Conti Double fighter semi slick and Schwalbe Fast Freds on a bike . utterly pointless!
(to the point i considered winter tyre sin June!)

When it is dry what are those double fighters like?

Pretty good, Good grip in the corners and smooth and fast rolling. decent even when its damp. I'm still rocking a pair od Mk1's as they seem harder wearing than the newer Mk2's (have a are mk1 I'm looking for another to make a pair). I was tempted with some Conti Town and Country's or Michelin rock countryes for the summer/fireroads roadie/shop trips. But new Contis seem to have lost some quality and durability and the Michelin's are heavy.

You seem to be looking for the same mythical tyre as me a decent sensibly priced all rounder maybe a little more road biased than off road.

Slicks all year round. Rain, floods, snow, ice, mud, roadworks, XC riding even. Slicks (even the threadless full-slick variety) can handle more than most people will realise.
As long as you have a good feel for the tyres and can interpret their feedback, you'll never exceed their grip limits ... except if you're doing it on purpose.

That being said, I do consider putting mudguards on my bikes. Unfortunately most of them aren't suited to any normal type of rear mudguard. My Bulls doesn't have the mounting holes, and my Sbikes don't have proper seatstays.

Back