Wiggins 2011 TDF bike on ebay......

How can you say the market will decide (which I agree with) and then start Throwing figures around on the next breath . . .

Given that we've created an environment where 20 year old, used bike parts sell for more than their price when new, I see no problem with £10k for this bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ugo.santalucia":9e0a86ne said:
the bike alone is probably worth 6-7K in parts..

£4,200 for the top of the range 2011 Dogma 2 with full electrics, so I wouldn't hold my breath to make 6-7k as parts :?

Robbied196":1685vb97 said:
ugo.santalucia":1685vb97 said:
the bike alone is probably worth 6-7K in parts..

£4,200 for the top of the range 2011 Dogma 2 with full electrics, so I wouldn't hold my breath to make 6-7k as parts :?

Same wheels? I suspect those carbon tubs come at 1.5-2K alone

gregs656":3lozxoki said:
How can you say the market will decide (which I agree with) and then start Throwing figures around on the next breath . . .

I bet spotting incongruences put a smile on your face... :D

shawnb":1ywygzgm said:
I don't think so, maybe if it was this years bike.....

His 2010 bike only fetched £3.5k the other day..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bradley-Wiggi ... 2c66fbe3d0

Well, he doesn't mention a certificate here... without an authenticity certification, is just a bike with a Wiggins sticker on... would you buy a Picasso without certification?

The other one appears to be certified

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
shawnb":1h37er3b said:
The seller had proof of its history.

Well, he didn't say... if he had any document, that should have been included in the photo shootout and loudly mentioned... most people only believe what they can see. I have sold in excess of 100 items on Ebay and in the absence of a decent shootout and proof of originality, the item would make half of its potential at best

ugo.santalucia":108p129a said:
The other one appears to be certified

The problem is even with its Sky authentification certificate, it doesn't mean it even turned a wheel on the Tour :)

Back