Weight Weenie 2010 Beone Carbon Pro Raw - Now sub 18lbs

tintin40":3speyrke said:
Exustar pedals are lighter than Shimano and use the same cleat. Some of the range don't have a weight limit (the last time i looked that is. As my pair have lasted be very well)

To lose any more weight your looking to spend ££££ and 20lb is a good weight.

This build is currently sub £1k so I guess its okay but I know I could get it lighter.

Sub 18lb with a rigid fork.

Sub 17lb I think is doable and still rideable :twisted: :twisted:

cchris2lou":3vt24gcb said:
that chain guide is massive .

an old front mech and a dremmel would save some weight for not a lot of pennies .

Its surprising as with its std bolts its only 58g

Maybe 55g with a ti bolt.

Cannot see a front mech being lighter.

I do have a N Gear jumpstop and bash ring that is sub 55g but the MRP guide protects (a little) from chainsuck.

I have never experience chainsuck but I don't fancy it with a carbon frame :oops:

cchris2lou":bb4w60gc said:
that chain guide is massive .

an old front mech and a dremmel would save some weight for not a lot of pennies .

A quick google shows the chainguide at around 62g which isn't bad at all. There are some cool homemade ones out there though.

Could have a look at Xpedo pedals too, they use Shimano cleats.

I raced on the Dt's for a year odd, stuffed them into a few dodgy landings and had no trouble with them whatsoever.

Average Mark":38ffbr02 said:
I raced on the Dt's for a year odd, stuffed them into a few dodgy landings and had no trouble with them whatsoever.

I bet I weigh a bit more than you though ;)

Seriously, sounds reassuring - may have a scan around for some.

Now sub 18lbs ....

So it would seem that this project is turning out to be a bit mre of a project that I first thought!

Just bought some of these:

FOOOSCF4709_P1.jpg

They have just dropped the weight by 2.2lbs which pending a confirmatory weigh in should put b sub 18lbs.

The Maxxis tyres were super light but at best they are for summer use only and then really only on the rear.

I have replaced them with some Continental Supersonics. They weigh more than the Maxxis tyres but should work offroad :LOL:

Pics to come.

tintin40":2pnusrjr said:
nice fork

Only downside is it looks a bit "wanky" where the crownrace fits and meet the HT.

As the frame uses an integrated headset the area where the crown race sits is a little proud. Doesn't flow :(

That said who cares its fapping light!

Back