Wiggins 2011 TDF bike on ebay......

Those bars need sorting. :D

TBH it's a bit optimistic, after all he did ok in the 2011 TdF but not that well. If it was the 2012 one I would understand the price tag...

Suppose you cant blame this bloke for tryin to cash in a little bit. He should have started it on 99p with a daft reserve though.

10K is not unreasonable... the bike alone is probably worth 6-7K in parts... remember is top of the range in every part and is fitted with Dura ACE electronic groupset...
Not my cup of tea, but that's the retail price of something similar

ugo.santalucia":n099zc7l said:
10K is not unreasonable... the bike alone is probably worth 6-7K in parts... remember is top of the range in every part and is fitted with Dura ACE electronic groupset...

Yes it has Di2, but is a year old. Rule of thumb with bike prices, from new, you lose 50% per year, down to a plateau point, and in some rare cases, the value starts rising.

So in reality, it's worth £3K as a bike, the tiny sticker on the top tube and the cert of authenticity will add maybe 1 or 2K, so a more realistic value would be £5.

Having said that, in this cycling mad time so city-boy might go mad and plonk down 10 large for it.

tiermat":2879v308 said:
ugo.santalucia":2879v308 said:

Yes it has Di2, but is a year old. Rule of thumb with bike prices, from new, you lose 50% per year, down to a plateau point, and in some rare cases, the value starts rising.

So in reality, it's worth £3K as a bike, the tiny sticker on the top tube and the cert of authenticity will add maybe 1 or 2K, so a more realistic value would be £5.

Having said that, in this cycling mad time so city-boy might go mad and plonk down 10 large for it.

The market decides how much it's worth... it's not the 2012 Tour de france winner, but it's still Wiggins bike... 10K is the very minimum... I expect the 2012 TdF one, if sold, to flog for somethnig in the region of 50K.

Jimi Hendrix guitar is just a guitar... it's the same for all these mamorabilia... the "city boy" who buys it, probably is not so stupid, as it might be worth more a few years down the line

Back