Yeti FRO -> C-26 Prototype replica tribute project

Welcome to the futur C26's owner… !
After Ameybrook and JustKev, you are the 4th
Mine is in progress since january but I hope that tyou are patient.
I'm happy for you
:D

ameybrook":3ohpmed4 said:
The glue was strong enough. The design was sound minus the fact they were mating steel lugs with aluminum tubes. So yeah, over time and temperature change it likely would have failed. But I know actual C-26 frames that have been ridden for years and are still sound.

Chris said me he won't use Permabond glue. He prefers modern glue, more stronger !
But he recommands to not ride the bike. Aluminium tubes (C9 are aluminium tubes wrapped with carbon fiber) and steel lugs don't expand in the same way, so, the bounding would work not so fine in time…

BTW Ameybrook, saw your C26 at the Yeti factory in Golden. It is one sweet build, looks great in the flesh, and Yeti have given it pride of place up on the podium :D

24pounces":uq3jk88r said:

Mm.. about twice that number have been built.

Silverfish":uq3jk88r said:
Nice work Martin, interested to see this one progress, might be a long haul

Build thread! Make sure to take photos with the wheels on but no tires or chain, etc. I'll keep checking back over the next two years to follow the progress ;)

Silverfish":uq3jk88r said:
BTW Ameybrook, saw your C26 at the Yeti factory in Golden. It is one sweet build, looks great in the flesh, and Yeti have given it pride of place up on the podium :D

Hey Darren! Yeah those guys were super pumped. Better than hanging in my garage. I would have ridden it if it sat too much longer.

IMG_9373.jpg

BTW Martin, you still got that ATAC stem 3DV for sale? Tempted to try it on my ARC instead of the Ringle...

I'll do my best to post upgrades on the progress, but it might be mostly parts for the foreseeable future.

1. Have to find hubs/rims and build the wheels
2. Get one of my Bullseye cranks repainted in white
3. Stem by FTW

I expect that there won't be much news on the frame front for a while...

Do you'll thread the BB tube for classic cups or will you prefer pressing bearings like your actual FRO frame ?
On mine, Chris Herting keeped the rear tringle with the origianl BB tube.
(I've got bullseye crankset but without bearings. And the bearings for thread cups (around 22mm inner-30 outer) are difficult to be found and a little britle… )

ameybrook":332gqt6x said:
24pouces":332gqt6x said:
Mm.. about twice that number have been built.
I would say… on Retrobike ;)
I have heard that there's enough tubes for building around 10 C26 ;)

Back