FS: 1989 Marin Pine Mountain - Original

boblo

Dirt Disciple
Water being thoroughly tested here.... I'm being 'encouraged' to lose some of my fleet by SWMBO (with luck, to make room for more bikes but unlikely):

For Sale: 18" Marin Pine Mountain bought new by me in 1988 or 1989 (immediately pre Zoltan grey paint with flouro orange forks and bars).

The bike is in good condition for its age having been mostly stored for the past few years. It's currently in 'commuter' configuration but will be returned to 'mtb' config before sale.

The good:
Original condition, 99% complete as purchased:
Original paint finish, decals etc complete
Original Shimano Deore DX throughout c/w 7 speed SIS thumbies, biopace etc
Original Araya RM20's
Few minor bumps and scrapes as it has been used off road. No rust, no dents, no damage.

The bad:
The build is as purchased new except:
Horrible original Lycra/Gel instrument of torture saddle replaced
Tyres and chain replaced
Slight bump in rear rim, needs straightening out
That's it....

This is a very original, good nick steel Pine Mountain for the afficianado.

I have no idea of value but am compelled by the rules to price it. Say £250 (to comply) but happy to talk to those with serious interest. Happy to answer any questions and supply additional pics on request. Based in Cambs.

IMG_1180.jpg
[/img]

Its an 89 mate....88 was Lilac! :D ........oh and very nice btw!

Drive side piccy would help loads :D GLWS

Thanks for clarifying that. I actually wanted the lilac one at the time as it was Tange Prestige but Phil Corley cycles went and sold the last one before I got to it! They then did me a deal on the '89 model to help with my disapointment :)

If there's any interest, I'm expecting photo requests. I'll supply driveside/upside/inside/downside etc then :)

Well, shocked and stunned :)

I thought there'd be more interest Retrobike being the last sanctuary of classic Marin fans....

Back