Dia Compe Aero brakeset/calipers

How about the brakes off my MKM? It hasn't sold so I'm considering splitting it up. The calipers and levers are in very good condition apart from some wear to the logo on the front caliper. I also have the original gum coloured hoods which are a bit grubby but with no splits or tears. The only thing missing is the brake cable end ferrules for inside the levers. They were a slightly bigger diameter than standard ones but to be honest I haven't had a problem with the cables slipping as they were well taped with electrical tape as well as handlebar tape.

I'd be looking for £65 for the lot including postage to UK mainland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52939874@N ... 481621706/

Mark.

I have a poor condition pair of the silver calipers (with a "step" in the rear bolt) but missing the front acorn nut and both frame bolts , but no levers at all If you wish to sell yours now blightyinfurs ?

ps there is no "quick release" on my calipers , do the levers have one like campag ?

pss I also have some suntour superbe calipers with aftermarket koolstop pads that may be more appropriate on your mkm daccordimark ( I can pm or post photos if you wish)

Attachments

• 187 dc brake.jpg
    187 dc brake.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 376
latman":5vt10mp5 said:
I have a poor condition pair of the silver calipers (with a "step" in the rear bolt) but missing the front acorn nut and both frame bolts , but no levers at all If you wish to sell yours now blightyinfurs ?

ps there is no "quick release" on my calipers , do the levers have one like campag ?

That's the only downside to those Dia Compes, the lack of quick release on calipers or levers but not a problem if you run tubs I found.

latman":5vt10mp5 said:
pss I also have some suntour superbe calipers with aftermarket koolstop pads that may be more appropriate on your mkm daccordimark ( I can pm or post photos if you wish)

Thanks, but I have a pair of NOS Suntour Cyclone brakes with levers if I rebuild it. I won't be though as I need to clear out stuff.

Mark.

Back