Which Tyres do You use?

I don't believe it....

meldrew_bbc203.jpg

I can still vouch for Zafiros'...chunks of glass go straight through the side walls but the tyres came off a treat...

As of know i will cease to comment on anything 'mechanical failure' :LOL:

Any suggestions for a cycling variant of Sod's Law?

I'm going for Burton's Law.

Rubber ones.

Conti GP.

Last for ages. The last pair spent 15 years in the shed. Pumped them up and went for a ride. Still going strong albeit with a few cracks in the black bit.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on which way you look at it, there's very few tyres currently available which look correct, ie black tread with amber walls.

So an easy choice:
Michelin Dynamic for narrow tyres
Panaracer Pasela for med width
Michelin World Tour for wider.

There are also the expensive tub like racing tyres (open tubulars) like the Vittoria Open Corsa and Veloflex Pave etc

Conti Gatorskin 23c folding. Because I don't like getting p****res.

2,500 miles this year, no flats.

[EDIT: I use 25c on my wet weather/winter bike, and the difference in comfort is amazing - the 23c are quite hard-riding - if I had the clearance I'd use 25c on both bikes.]

fiks":33haqi41 said:
Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on which way you look at it, there's very few tyres currently available which look correct, ie black tread with amber walls.

So an easy choice:
Michelin Dynamic for narrow tyres
Panaracer Pasela for med width
Michelin World Tour for wider.

There are also the expensive tub like racing tyres (open tubulars) like the Vittoria Open Corsa and Veloflex Pave etc

Schwalbe do some 700x25 amber wall tyres, look quite nice.

I'm going to try a new set of Marathon Originals 28's, see if i can get them on without losing my temper :) previously been using Conti Contact 32's which go on nice and easy.

In the past I've always liked continental tyres. Gatorskins though expensive work well, very rarely puncturing. For a change I've just fitted some Vittoria Rubino Pro 23s to my Pinarello which are working well, though I'm still getting used to them and how much they can take cornering wise. They pump up to a nice high pressure and roll quickly however and I must say so far, I'm pretty impressed. They are currently cheap on wiggle, and come with free Vittoria inner tubes which seems a good deal.

Ian Raleigh":2a2bsnpp said:
I use Michelin Dynamic Classic 20mm tyres on my Raleigh and the ride is very good and not harsh at all
after some 900 miles they are still as good as new and never punctured on them, I pump these to 100psi.

Available in other sizes too. Cheap too. Easy to fit too. Tan wall too. :D

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=61961

That's amazing! I used to run a pair, about four years back that were absolutely shocking. They would puncture at least once a fortnight, I got so annoyed I ended up upgrading to a more expensive tyre, and have since probably had on average one or two punctures a year...

Shame as the Dynamics look fantastic.

I user Schwalbe Lugano 23mm. They come with a buff coloured sidewall which is about as retro as you can get without forking out major dosh for the brillaint but fragile Vittoria CX. They ride well enough, grip well enough, resist punctures well enough, go on easy, and at 12 squid a pop they are a bargain.

Thanks everyone! I tried the Luganos but I must have had a dodgy set as they both wobbled horribly.

I have just ordered a couple of Rubinos. I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Back