'95/96 Rourke 853 - Judy's fitted (p4) 31-05-12

Love this bike. :cool:
It looks better rigid, but with the sus done in black it still looks cool with them too. Definitely prefer the red saddle though, and that's not something I would normally say.
I agree with the earlier poster about the chromed stays. Sadly lacking in the MTB scene.

Rourke

How come he used 853, then built it with lugs and Braze? 853 was designed to be direct Tig welded, then didn't need re heat treating/hardening again?
Beautiful build, I'm just about to start on a British Built 853 frame, so rare it's one of a Kind!

Re: Rourke

Wold Ranger":3ape51t9 said:
How come he used 853, then built it with lugs and Braze? 853 was designed to be direct Tig welded, then didn't need re heat treating/hardening again?
Beautiful build, I'm just about to start on a British Built 853 frame, so rare it's one of a Kind!

Rourke TIG weld the frame, then fillet braze over the top. All the fittings are silver soldered in place.

Edit: http://www.rapha.cc/rourke-cycles

Utterly gorgeous, I love it! :cool:

Shame you can't make it this Sunday.

34henry3w":1lxlhmjy said:
I wonder what chrome plated judy's would look like...

Precisely what I was thinking :LOL:

Yeah, Sunday's my little girl's 6th birthday and nothing's more important to me..

I think chrome plated judy's would be awesome, but the process would probably kill the magnesium outers... :LOL:

UPDATE

I've had this frame for a little while, but was not entirely sure what to do with it.

In a conversation with Player about the frame he said " that frame would look good with drop bars" and after thinking about it, I agreed.

Conversion was not completely straightforward, and I have a box full of parts that did not work out, but here it is in working prototype form.

I'm sure there will be a few more changes once I've covered some miles, but in a quick one mile whizz around the block, it rides really well and the position is extremely comfortable.

DSC_0445_zpsc96246d1.jpg

DSC_0437_zpsff133f87.jpg

DSC_0432_zps713fec65.jpg

Love it mate :cool:

How does it ride off road?

Ive been thinking about doing one as well :roll: and hows the gearing?

Latest posts

Back