1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium

sausagefingers":2k58yaqs said:
they're shimano slr but i've no idea about the adjusters,hopefully someone will be along who knows all about them
they're a very good idea and they work incredibly well so i thought they would be a bit more common/well known

DSCN1951.jpg

Those are Odyssey Straddle Rods. ;)

+1 on original Syncros 'post by the way.

Date above for the post is wrong im on a poksey phone and hard to see.cradles syncros, but a v3 style of theoriginal style before the post was change in 1991.. so probably dates at 1990 which i think was the change period. Good guess the frame is from then. The frame is probably also then as i doubt that groups setup would have been put on in 1992.

Do you know if the original owner implored it as that very early for the UK.

the story i got was ;

original owner had an engineering firm and knew the person who imported rocky mountains as he helped him out now and then with one off titanium parts.the guy then turns up with the titanium bike and asks him if he's interested in it.rest is history,he just wasn't sure what year he bought it.
looks like a 1990 then? would this be around the time that chris dekerf was making the titanium frames for rm? does the serial number not tell anything?

thanks for all the help,much appreciated

sausagefingers":2ekgya1x said:
RockiMtn":2ekgya1x said:
here's my 91:

i've swapped out the std Rev cranks to compact set and need to fix the loose bar-ends by maybe shimming them.

that really is very nice :cool:
are the bar ends syncros?
i really would like a syncros chainset but they will have to wait for now,i've been offered one by another member - hopefully he will still have it when i eventually get the funds together.

cheers,mick

yep the bar-ends are Syncros. it's a full Syncros build, down to even the Ti BB. ;)

that seatpost is a Syncros. you should have it anodized back to black. i would think powdercoating would not be a good idea, as i'd be concerned it might thicken the diameter too much to fit back into the frame.

if the Revs you are talking about are from Chris, he got those from me. this would be a worthy project to pass them on to. ;)

A very sweet bike, Sausagefingers! It's even got a pair of my very first suspension forks which I outfitted my Stratos with.

Congrats!!

strange, both my Ti frames are marked 34xx and the the 91 with the headtube cable stops is an earlier serial number, so i assumed the second frame was a 92 model.

IF serial numbers are proper and sequential, that SHOULD make your frame later than 91. :?

Post looks more like an early Roox than a Syncros, the Patina of the alloy is too dark for a Syncros and the top plate is signature early Roox.
Roox was very popular around this period and expensive.

Re: Post

Wold Ranger":2bi4qbpa said:
Post looks more like an early Roox than a Syncros, the Patina of the alloy is too dark for a Syncros and the top plate is signature early Roox.

Roox came later... basically using syncros's original design... iirc syncros had to change change as IRD had the patent...now owned by kalloy iirc.
probably why many companies have similar looking brands ;)

Re: Post

sausagefingers":1eqgc3wj said:
:? the plot thickens.would i get any sense from rocky mountain if i sent them an email?

no, not likely. not many original people still working there and their records don't go back that far.

Wold Ranger":1eqgc3wj said:

I wouldn't say the top plate is signature Roox. I have about 3 (maybe 4, I've lost count) Syncros posts with the same top plate. ;)

Back