Decent, new BMX for an 8 year old

Neil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Yeah, I know, I could probably drive a harder bargain.

But seriously, I know nothing about them, apart from brand names that used to get thrown around in the early 80s.

I'm thinking about mini-monkey-1's 8th birthday, and whilst they may not be my thing, I think he'd like one.

His previous bikes have been a Ridgeback MX-14, and an Islabike Beinn 20 small (actually current) - neither of which I'm looking to get rid of, as mini-monkey-2 is currently making an orangutan of himself with the Ridgeback, and the Islabike is still used and will eventually be passed to the youngest.

Criteria is new, decent quality, worth fettling if something breaks, so it can be used by evil-spawn-2 when he's of age. Ideally available online, although real shops are an alternative if they're available nearly everywhere. Not sure what to say about budget 'cos I've no idea what these things go for, so I'd just say around the price of a decent quality one - but I guess that's part of my questions - what sort of money you need to spend.

But in the words of Turkish, "I don't want my pants pulled down over the price..."

My nephew bought (Part his own B'day money, part present from us all) Danny McKaskills old (virtually unused) BMX through ebay for the price of a half decent GT or Trek at Halfords

Just goes to show that its worth keeping options open

G

the haro is great...i picked one up the other week for 50 quid...very well made ...off ebay..3 peice cranks,ect...tis bombproof.

Back