Painting Look pedals

El Juli

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I have a pair of old Look pedals that I would like to use, however, the white paint is really scratched.
I thought about powdercoating them because I think normal paint would not stand. As far as I know powdercoat needs about 200ºC to cure and I doubt if the rear plastic clasp will be OK after so much heat. I do not see any way of removing the clasp.
Any ideas? Has anyone powdercoated look pedals?

Thanks to all.

I dont think any kind of finish will last long - and powder coat is prone to chipping. You could perhaps paint them your self and just keep on top of it with touch ups.

I had a couple of pairs like that and I just removed all the paint and used them raw. They looked pretty good actually.

In the past i've completely removed all the paint from my ragged pedals and gave them a nice coating of Humbrol Enamel paint.

If your going to use Humbrol paint its best leaving them in bright sunshine for at least four weeks to fully harden.

Thank you all for the replies.
Ian, did they hold up well after the Humbrol paint or os it not woth the trouble?

I painted my look pedals

Watching this with interest - I painted my old white/red look pedals (see June RBOTM!) with domestic appliance white paint. Looked fantastic. Clipped into them, slipped slightly, scratched a great chunk out of it: doh. I'd be interested to see how the Humbrol enamel pain works out. I might give it a try.

Back