Roadie Dilemma

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Having sold a few things I now find myself in possession of 4 roadbikes again :oops:

Longstanding Bianchi (fully operational and fits like a glove)
P1020048.jpg

Last year's impulse purchase full carbon Kuota Ksano (rolling chassis with a few tasty bits). Looks like this but different wheels and no tri-bars........
kuota-1.jpg

Cyclist-KuotaWet002.jpg

Last year's karma Flying Scot (Inner City improvement project and a keeper for now) Fitted with wider bars and longer stem since this photo. Now also fits like a glove.
P1010667.jpg

Last week's Motobecane :oops: (possible commuting/shopping duties)
No pic yet.

One has to go (arguably two, but I'll deal with that later)

Been gearing up to flog the Kuota. I mean really, me and a full carbon bike :LOL: BUT something in me wants to try it.

SO....

Do I bite the bullet and sell the Bianchi, using some components to make the Kuota useable?

Do I get shot of the Motobecane PDQ and forget it happened?

Do I keep to plan A and move the Kuota?

Do I Go for Gold and sell the Bianchi AND Kuota, concentrating instead on two true retroroadies.

(all are 58 - 60cm frames if yer interested) ;)

Pics can be supplied if that helps ya form an opinion.

You know I hummed and hawed about PMing you about the Kuota last week (although truth be told I probably couldn't have afforded it anyway).

Bought a cheapy Schwinn Fastback Pro f+f instead.

Still.... BUGGER.

You and yer Hummin' and Hawin' :LOL:

Mind you - one sold for just under a grand (full bike) on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay last week :shock:

If the Bianchi fits that well, keep it. Never found a road bike that was truly comfy hence the reason I no longer own one. If the retro road stuff is you're thing then keep then 2 retros and sell the Kuota. As much as I like retro mtbs the road stuff doesn't appeal to me so I'd keep the carbon out of curiosity.
Do you really need to get rid of any? Are you short of room? If not then the money's gone now anyway, and builds can progress when funds allow. There's no hurry to finish anything other than in your own mind.

Mikee - feel the force :twisted:

The audible swish of freshly laid tarmac on otherwise silently gliding pneumatic tyres.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Kuota FTW. Don't labour about on rust buckets and coke can remoulds. Embrace a true performance bike. BTW why does one (or two) have to go? You seem to have a valid use for each.

Lets try another method you have a

80's Guzzi, a 00's R1, a 60's Norton and a Honda C50. Which one goes?

kaiser":2f7limgs said:
Kuota FTW. Don't labour about on rust buckets and coke can remoulds. Embrace a true performance bike. BTW why does one (or two) have to go? You seem to have a valid use for each.

Lets try another method you have a

80's Guzzi, a 00's R1, a 60's Norton and a Honda C50. Which one goes?

easy peasy the r1 , as it will need a gearbox rebuild soon
then it will crack a liner
60's norton as it will need everything re-built especially if its a twin
guzzi as it will catch fire and burn your fence down ,taking the skin off your knee as it back fires due to malfunctioning accelerator pumps in the del-orto's

c50 is the obvious keeper , just try and buy on these days

I'm with clubby on it. Keep Bianchi if fits you. Besides it's Italian so must be cool ;) I really like it since saw first time at Arran loop. Kuota is that plastic frame isn't it? Nice too.

Get rid of the motobecane (MBK) it cant be that nice or it wouldn't be the commuter/shopper.

Alternatively remember the bike ownership formula:

Owned Bikes = N + 1 where N = the current number you possess :cool:

Back