Cotswolds driver punched by cyclist

JamesM":2z9cgklw said:
A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3. But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

This should be part of the theory test, pmsl I'm crying. I've got two beemers and drive them nearly exactly as above, except for: I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!, my beemers have proper six cylinder petrol engines and I'm able to undertake said cars before I join my motorway.

Nicely Put JamesM, Part of me did wonder if the BMW driver possibly had it coming...?

That said it's possible this cyclist is the guy I posted about recently on 11th July, same area where I had my run in with him and I reported him to the police, haven't seen him since:

gbsimpsa":2r16da9d said:
I've been travelling down this particular country B road for over 7 months now and every morning I see this guy cycling in the opposite direction. He's on a retro looking hard tail and I always try to catch what it is but miss it each time. Until now I used to be pleased to see him. Being a fellow experienced cyclist and commuter.

Yesterday this guy swerved in front of me I almost went up the verge to avoid him, I thought weird he must have been avoiding a pot hole, lucky nothing happened (on way home I looked no pot holes near that area either how odd).
This morning same area he swerved in front of the car in front of me, I thought how strange, then he did it to me I couldn't believe it.

Tooted him and he flicked me the bird... AHole, he's going to give decent cyclists in the area a bad name in the least in the worst could cause someone to have a serious accident overcompensating.
Talking to colleagues he's a repeat offender, he's done it at least 4 times to one colleague and numerous times to other colleagues.

What can you do.....?

If he doesn't kill himself, he's going to kill some unsuspecting passer by.

gibbleking":39htg07i said:
What can you do.....?

dont swereve.....

Well indeed, his antics are well known in the area now, even to the police. Maybe a BMW will flatten him one day, it'll be unfortunate of course, but not entirely unexpected. :twisted:

I got one last night, me haring down the hill on my bike doing 30 according to the speedo thing and a BMW that was behind dangerously overtook me only to pull in front and travel at a speed that forced me to actually slow down, I thought exactly what was the point of that, what a complete asshole.

But reading on news websites, of comments posted, the UK motorist is very anti cyclist and some even advocate teaching cyclists a lesson with their superior road skills and there is a call to force cyclists to be insured and licensed to use the roads, but even if cyclists were, motorists would still find someone to complain about to absolve themselves of their own poor road craft, as one thing is common in the UK, it's always someone else's fault, which on the road I see as a direct result of the insurance market with their never admit blame directive.

I dont drive to the masterful rules that the bmw/audi/chelsea tractor school run mob do, i do infact try at least to obey the law including rule 163 of the highway code.
"give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car"

That said one morning i had to move out of the gutter to avoid a big ass puddle and a fiat stilo had to also observe this rule. now every tuesday at 06.37 i get buzzed and i mean less that 2 inches away from the same fiat stilo its a 50mph road and he is doing at least that. nest tuesday im off work :LOL: i might just have to find out where this bloke is going to in such a hurry :cool:

Chute55uk":rrm9dqdr said:
I dont drive to the masterful rules that the bmw/audi/chelsea tractor school run mob do, i do infact try at least to obey the law including rule 163 of the highway code.
"give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car"

That said one morning i had to move out of the gutter to avoid a big ass puddle and a fiat stilo had to also observe this rule. now every tuesday at 06.37 i get buzzed and i mean less that 2 inches away from the same fiat stilo its a 50mph road and he is doing at least that. nest tuesday im off work :LOL: i might just have to find out where this bloke is going to in such a hurry :cool:

If he's that predicatable I'd just ride along carrying a large adjustable spanner in my right hand :LOL:

home-guard-bicycle.jpg

Back