I'm 20 years out of date, Mustang SIS info,pics, brochures?

Slamdunkdub

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Sorry to bombard but I can see this as a decent resource, that hopefully as my knowledge and contacts increase I can put back into.

I was wondering if anyone had anything that shows the Mustang SIS in its original form. Photo's brochures, restorations etc.

I'm restoring one and need to fill in the gaps of my memory. I had one between the ages of 14-17 but that was 20 years ago now.

If anyone knows what crank it used, tyre make, style and size, anything that I may be able to use to search down parts it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

hi there.

nice to see an interest in a basic bike, very popular though. i had one myself!
;)

i'm not aware of any good, close-up pics and data available but hopefully yours is original and, you can go from there.

depending on what you need....there are plenty of amber-walled tyres around, ebay and so-on. apart from that, shimano sis and other 18 speed stuff should be available from our 'wanted' section. just try be as specific as you can to get the offers coming in.

for me, i tend to buy a cheap bike for it's spares. look around your boot sales, charity shops etc...you will gain a life time worth of spares for little money. tyres were very basic stuff. cheng shin type with little technology in the tread. often known as a centre-ridge pattern.

like this.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ralson-26-x-1 ... 869wt_1110

type raleigh mustang in the top right-hand corner and let the engine do the work for you. some users have mustangs, i'm sure.

good luck, get some pics up of yours when you get time.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you very much for the reply.

I've been looking for one for ages so will leave the ebay notification on for a spares bike. Thats a good call.

I'll do a thread when the time comes.

Picking it up tonight. Can't wait to feel like a teenager again.

i have a 91 i think raliegh mens cycles brochure somewhare
will try and find it
the mustang had basic sachs /shimano tourney stuff i think
i had a maurauder till i broke it , that had a 1pc bmx type b/b crank assy
the mustang had a 3pc crank with a inserts to run the b/b
cheap heavy steel wheels and mafac / lee chee (or summat) brakes

bankrupt bike spares (i think) on the bay often have this sort of stuff listed

personally i dont know why your bothering
but , get on with it :LOL:

LOL, I'm bothering for sentimental reasons. Plus I like retro stuff and have fond memories of my old Mustang.
It'll share the garage with my 1973 vw beetle and 1995 Honda motorcycle.

Cheers for the info.

Any ideas where I can get sticker kits, the main tube stickers are a bit scratched?

Back in the day, my brother had a mustang, I had a Marauder, and I lusted over the Marin catalogue!

I'm riding a Marin these days!

Good luck with the Mustang, it will bring back memories for me as well :D

Back