SEROTTA ATX; finally finished ,....T.G.!

The frame is going to be repainted; would colour would you make the frame?

• black (onyx) with black decals with white outline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple white with white decals with black outline

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The original paintjob; purpe metallic with fluor yellow decals

• Slate (that is the grey one)

• Pink with blue decals

• Green with yellow decals

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Platinum with white decals

• Total voters
utahdog2003":15xxhfkq said:
Defiant":15xxhfkq said:
by the way,...what colour would you guys make the frame if you hade the choice?

AHA! you just cracked it on purpose to give yourself an excuse for a respray! :D

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;)

no,...............i am carefull with my bikes, and :shock: when i sah it,....

defo DO NOT MENTION THE SHIM. . . hed big problems with Kleins doing this BITD with shimmed posts (USE in particular- and they even shelved the design).
Fingers crossed you get a smooth repair ;)

i will not mention the shim, although i do not think is the reason for the crack.

what do you guys think,..show the bike as it is to the LBS (without seatpost),..or take it apart and just show the frame,...

Defiant":cotwcfgs said:
I was thinking, because i want to build it with Syncros components, Setapost and stem/bar, and the black tange switchblades, white would be nice with black decals.

I was kinda taken with the Fat from Monsterfatuk,..
yo7_582.jpg

this is why i was thinking a total black and white theme,...

I took the bike apart en went to the dealer

he says he is not able to help me out because the importer where he bought the frame went bankrupt many years ago.
He told me to contact Serotta and if needed he could give me a copy of the invoice..... :evil:

Defiant":3kxmrfg6 said:
I took the bike apart en went to the dealer

he says he is not able to help me out because the importer where he bought the frame went bankrupt many years ago.
He told me to contact Serotta and if needed he could give me a copy of the invoice..... :evil:

Vertex was the importer I thought and they're indeed bankrupt..... :?
Still think it's your dealers task (by Dutch law!)to handle the warranty issue for you.

i think so 2! :evil:

i am writing an email to Serotta right now asking what to do, if they send me to the dealer again i am going back and make him help me.... :twisted:

It is a tough one.

1st: That the importer (Vertex) is gone is no reason for the shop to not help you out. It is something between him and the (non existend, but that is the shops problem) importer.

Serotta gives lifetime waranty you say. Serotta is a great company I think. When they with their reputation promissed that and they would like to carry their good repution into the future, they will probably help you out.

European law: I do not think that European law demands that a competition frame is suposed to survive 15 years.

Bottom line: If it were mine, with my limited knowledge, without further inquiring, I think I would get in touch with Serotta directly.

so, the email is out the door.

I hope i will get a reaction soon, according to the internetsite it will take 2 days to get a reaction but i guess the easter weekend will delay it a bit.
And i really hope Serotta will show me that they are the great company as i think they are, i have them verry high and expect they will help me out in a nice way.

i will keep you guys posted :D

and,..i such a nice frame,... :cry: it is light, strong, great weldings, great shaped tubes, running from wide at the crank where it needs to be strong and stiff, to slim at the top where you want the frame to be light,....

Serotta2-1.jpg

serotta5.jpg

Serotta3.jpg

i guess for the mean time i will have to buy another steel frame, like a Yo Eddy,..anyone got a fat for sale?,..i have some singlespeed parts left for now,.. :)

Dude,

That's a bummer. I doubt that the shim had any impact on this crack...more likely a result of the stress riser running from the HAZ to the seatpost relief cut.

Hopefully, Serrota will "man up" and show you the love.

cheers,

rody

Back