Weight Weenie 2010 Beone Carbon Pro Raw - Now sub 18lbs

:cool: Go on go rigid. Real men ride rigid :LOL: I thought the Maxxis would have got you under 20lb?

Looking good. Look even better rigid :cool:

tintin40":3anz9ggz said:
:cool: Go on go rigid. Real men ride rigid :LOL: I thought the Maxxis would have got you under 20lb?

Looking good. Look even better rigid :cool:

I could loose 100g easily from the saddle with an SLR or such like.

May add 30g though and get a wider bar though 600mm seems really narrow!

Have been looking at one of these:

64389.jpg

628g so a saving of 995g!

I did look at the Trigon fork you use as going back to v brake is a possibility but they don't seem to be long enough AtoC.

These are on the short list too but have a weight limit of 97kg - bit close for my liking!

zm_thumb_CC-F0M65.jpg

Nearly half the price of the X lite ones though.

Those 310 tyres are ...... interesting!

:D Those are sweet :cool: firm believer in having same brakes front & rear so keep to disc for your build.
Those forks have a lovely clean line :cool:

The frame is v compatible so with those Trigon forks I could run V's front and rear :cool:

You seem to get a lot of fork for not a great deal of money.

The X Lite forks do look good though!

Average Mark":shz315v6 said:
The 29" DT's i had where 570g and solid. You can find them for a couple of hundred if you look about Mark.

The DT forks have a maximum rider weight of 95kg, the Exotic ones 97kg.

Too close for comfort for my liking!

The X Lite ones are slightly more ££ than the Exotic but slightly less ££ than the DT and don't have a rider weight limit.

A shame really as 570g is not to be sniffed at :cool:

What about pedals? Switch to crank brothers could save some weight. And gripshift. As mentioned a post and saddle swap would help too. But and its a big butt if your worried about a 97kg weight limit then I reckon your doing alright at 20lbs tbh. What cassette have you fitted? And headset tensioner? Whats the wheelset weight?

kaiser":2v36udik said:
What about pedals? Switch to crank brothers could save some weight. And gripshift. As mentioned a post and saddle swap would help too. But and its a big butt if your worried about a 97kg weight limit then I reckon your doing alright at 20lbs tbh. What cassette have you fitted? And headset tensioner? Whats the wheelset weight?

Pedals are XT - 352g IIRC. Would prefer to stick with a Shimano cleat as my other bikes are all Shimano

Will look at a gripshift - the XO trigger is fairly hefty!

I am on the lookout for a SLR135 saddle.

Post is staying though as its only 226g IIRC but is 410mm long so maybe loose a little off of the length. That'll be the last resort though!

I do concede that the wheels could be lighter. No got a weight for them but suspect 1700gish!

Cassette is a PG990.

Exustar pedals are lighter than Shimano and use the same cleat. Some of the range don't have a weight limit (the last time i looked that is. As my pair have lasted be very well)

To lose any more weight your looking to spend ££££ and 20lb is a good weight.

that chain guide is massive .

an old front mech and a dremmel would save some weight for not a lot of pennies .

Back