Hmmm parcel returned today (not at all happy)

The other way around kind of.

I bought something from UK, arrived Lisbon when I went for some holidays and got returned to UK before I arrived home.
Asked my post office and they said that since was returned to UK nothing had to do with them.

Asked the UK seller and he says that never received nothing.
Even if I use the tracking supplied doesn't appear anything on the royal mail website, tried to contact royal mail but haven't found any contact.
The seller said he would go there and I even said I would pay everything but didn't got an answer from him again :?

In eyes of Royal Snail the parcel is the property of the sender until it is delivered. The sender is the party who instigates searches and claims, not the receiver.

However, if you go onto 'track and trace' you can ask a question direct to Royal Mail. I recently had a parcel go astray (addressed to me) sender very helpful and suggested I ask discreetly at my end as it would be quicker. I had tracking number so went to track and trace - no info available. Contacted RM via link on track and trace. Quick response - my tracking number was incorrect, item waiting at post office for collection! (No card 'sorry you we're out') RM very apologetic.

My Mrs asked once at the sorting office where lost parcels go, she was told they are sent to an island and incinerated. Still not sure if he was pulling her leg as I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case.

A couple of years ago there was a dodgy batch of stamps that didn't stay stuck to envelopes etc. A load of people I sent Christmas cards too had to pay a fee! It was in the papers as well.
So a bit of a cheek to say you can't tape them on!

Back