Specialized Singlespeed.

:D That looks ace!! I bet it would be 'sillylite' with a rigid pace fork :cool:

I used to have a yellow s/work that I was gonna give the singlespeed treatment too, never got round to it though :( Kinda wish I had after seeing this :eek:

Those cranks look sooo nice with a single ring... nice work :cool:

sunchaser":3cprgxzz said:

I used to have a yellow s/work that I was gonna give the singlespeed treatment too, never got round to it though :( Kinda wish I had after seeing this :eek:

Thanks mate, its pretty light as it is but damn, why did I sell my RC31's :LOL:

:) Being a crap rider I'm not really a fan of bikes that are too light but, it would be a blast to try it rigid :D It'd skip up the climbs a treat :D :D

Harryburgundy":1bd6lyjc said:
sunchaser":1bd6lyjc said:

Thanks mate, its pretty light as it is but damn, why did I sell my RC31's :LOL:

I think we have all learned the lesson why did we sell things .....and later found a new use for them .......

Half link

Harryburgundy":2xd3p118 said:
Yup, Surly, went for the push up option as I have space, looks :cool: er as well.
Chainring is Gusset....thick as.
Another cool bit of kit that I got was a half-link for the chain, really helped getting the tension.

Hey matey, any chance of some details on the 1/2 link :?:

My singlespeed could do with a little modification and this may help ;)

Re: Half link

slimjoe":1725ce2r said:
Harryburgundy":1725ce2r said:
Yup, Surly, went for the push up option as I have space, looks :cool: er as well.
Chainring is Gusset....thick as.
Another cool bit of kit that I got was a half-link for the chain, really helped getting the tension.

Hey matey, any chance of some details on the 1/2 link :?:

My singlespeed could do with a little modification and this may help ;)

Well it really is just that, a clever little half-link for better adjustability..got mine from charliethebikemonger on Ebay.
Think I might have had his last one :roll: but give him a mail.
Hope that helps

OrangeRetro":30sas0i9 said:
Those half links are really clever.. Do you still need the surly tensioner? What size half link did you go for? Are you using a specific single speed chain? He still has some on his website.. I could do with one.. :D

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/

Tension was pretty good without the surly, but belt and braces etc, and the chain will stretch, and I'm no larry-lightweight, didn't want to be pounding those cranks uphill and having the chain jump.

Chain is SS specific, 3/32 as is the half link

HB

PS I'm only a beginner with this SS lark, I'm sure other people will give you better advice

Back