Anyone Ever Use A Parts Washer?

I got a small one from machine mart (i think) and it's perfect. I clean my chain and cassette more often now.

I have an ultrasonic cleaner, you can just fit a (11/32t) cassette into it, cost under £40 from Maplins a few years ago, so no doubt you can get them much cheaper now

I just bung parts into it with a bike cleaner (muc off, etc) and let it do it's thing

Then it's just rinse or maybe a little toothbrush action for the stubborn stuff and job's a good un

in one of my old work places there as an ultrasonic washer that cleaned metal parts before chemical coatings were applied.. boy, was it good at cleaning my spectacles :LOL:

Midlife":2mahi0n6 said:
what is better than parrafin.........or is something missing from the above post?Cheers Shaun

Used petrol for years and not once has it gone up in a flash!
and i put the used stuff into a two litre pop bottle, leave for
a few days and its gone clear, then gently poor the clear stuff
back into the good container, the horrible gunge is good for
killing weeds :shock:

Been using three litres of petrol which is now two years old !!

Ian Raleigh":314vy9b2 said:
Midlife":314vy9b2 said:
what is better than parrafin.........or is something missing from the above post?Cheers Shaun

Used petrol for years and not once has it gone up in a flash!
and i put the used stuff into a two litre pop bottle, leave for
a few days and its gone clear, then gently poor the clear stuff
back into the good container, the horrible gunge is good for
killing weeds :shock:

Been using three litres of petrol which is now two years old !!

I must admit I used to be a bit of a petrol fan, and it was quick to! Pop a dirty derailleur in a tub with a glug of petrol, give a good shake and they come out like new :D Bit of an outdoor job though.

Back