DSCN1943.jpg

DSCN1944.jpg

DSCN1945.jpg

rear freehub sounds rough as rats so will need a service or replcing

DSCN1946.jpg

DSCN1947.jpg

lovely,lovely welds

DSCN1948.jpg

what seatpost is this,no marks on it anywhere?

DSCN1949.jpg

a new set of decals urgently required

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

that's it for now,i'll take some more when i've fitted the POWERLITES,oh yeah!!!!

should be a 90 or 92, as 91 had cable stops on the headtube as opposed to the top tube. the seatpost COULD be an original Syncros that has been stripped and re-ano blue.

got a serial number to share? should be stamped on the rear drop-out.

RockiMtn":dlnx9ulu said:
the seatpost COULD be an original Syncros that has been stripped and re-ano blue.

got a serial number to share? should be stamped on the rear drop-out.

that could be a great guess on the seatpost,the seller mentioned getting it ano'd but i wasn't really paying attention - i was too busy gawping at the bike :LOL: .well that saves me the hassle of tracking one down,off to the powdercoaters with it.

serial number is 3787 stamped on rear drop out.

i have some decals coming from gil_m and included is a yellow 'sandvik' triangle decal,were these on the bikes as the very few pictures i've seen don't seem to show this? :?

many thanks

Nice find, loving all the Rocky's of late

From a distance the post was a USE, but up close it does look like the ~1991 post,can you get a picture of the very top clamp. Yes he anodised a lot of parts.
powder coat would give the wrong finish, a not quite perfect concise was standard i think. Might be holes at the bottom and size should be on it unless cut down.

righto,here's the 'mystery post'.doesn't look cut but no writing anywhere,it does have a sort of 'milling' pattern but only on one side
looking at the syncros stem and bar i would have thought that powder coat would be the correct finish or was the post more satin finish?

DSCN1952.jpg

DSCN1954.jpg

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1957.jpg

DSCN1958.jpg

i was also given this owner's manual for the manitou forks,would it be of interest to anyone in the catalogue section?the only problem i have is that i don't have access to a scanner :oops:

DSCN1959.jpg

DSCN1960.jpg

is there any way i can date the bike from the 3787 serial number?

thanks again,mick

RockiMtn":2r3d6fot said:
here's my 91:

i've swapped out the std Rev cranks to compact set and need to fix the loose bar-ends by maybe shimming them.

that really is very nice :cool:
are the bar ends syncros?
i really would like a syncros chainset but they will have to wait for now,i've been offered one by another member - hopefully he will still have it when i eventually get the funds together.

cheers,mick

they're shimano slr but i've no idea about the adjusters,hopefully someone will be along who knows all about them
they're a very good idea and they work incredibly well so i thought they would be a bit more common/well known

DSCN1951.jpg

Back