Mercedes S*#$ service

Magsy":18bqljri said:
Really, wheel centres? :?

You put/get Fast Glass on the rubbers and leave it dry out (regularly) and what you get is what you see in your photo. It is essentially iso-propynol alcohol and not kind to rubber at all.

I think he meant the chrome trim, although the rubber does look like it's been attacked by some chemical or other. Sometimes over zealous cleaning causes as much damage as no cleaning. Agree about Autoglym though.

My mother had 4 Mercs in her lifetime and the service has been always like your description.
It not my intention to make fun of this but the best advice i can give is to get a Subaru.
No perfect cars either but Subaru has the best service known to mankind. That of course is totally my personal impression.

vinnya77":4301rupu said:
Just had a call from MB Head Office.

All of the above items are being covered as they should've in the start.

I think the window trim was a valid point but the wheel was a chancer given the bubbling largely depends on so many variables other than the quality of the wheel. If MBUK are saying yes they are covered then I hope that follows through to the dealer and things work out ok.

juice":olxb2hxd said:
My mother had 4 Mercs in her lifetime and the service has been always like your description.
It not my intention to make fun of this but the best advice i can give is to get a Subaru.
No perfect cars either but Subaru has the best service known to mankind. That of course is totally my personal impression.

+1. They're better made too!
I've just sold a Forester after 8 years. I'm regretting it deeply.
I've been looking around for something as well made, and have drawn a blank. Looks like I might be getting another one...

I've got a Mercedes and have no problems with it, but it is a fairly old one and they used to be better made. And it is n't as well made as the early 80's ones I have owned in the past.

There is a Subaru Impreza (the hatchback shape) for sale in my street I keep looking at as I walk past it. I envy the space in the back. And it isn't the turbo so the insurance should be comparable to the Merc.

Back