BBC4 last night - "The Cricklewood Greats"

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, I know it's a repeat screening and originally hit the airwaves back in February, but did anyone manage to catch the above show? Brilliant spoof documentary from Peter Capaldi with some cleverly done send-ups (especially the Carry On-style comedies and a spot-on Quatermass parody) of British cinema from years gone by. Still on iPlayer for a week or so if you wish to give it a look.

David

I knew nothing about it before watching and for the first couple of minutes thought it was a serious documentary. Beautifully done the way you suddenly realise it's a spoof.

David B":279s5dwi said:
OK, I know it's a repeat screening and originally hit the airwaves back in February, but did anyone manage to catch the above show? Brilliant spoof documentary from Peter Capaldi with some cleverly done send-ups (especially the Carry On-style comedies and a spot-on Quatermass parody) of British cinema from years gone by. Still on iPlayer for a week or so if you wish to give it a look.

David
Does iPlayer have an end date? I'm not in the UK right now, so can't watch it 'til I return.

Neil":vg807l1f said:
David B":vg807l1f said:

David
Does iPlayer have an end date? I'm not in the UK right now, so can't watch it 'til I return.

It said 7 days left this morning so guessing it'll be taken off next Monday. Wouldn't be at all surprised if BBC4 repeats it again in the near future though.

David

David B":5t75kg1y said:
Neil":5t75kg1y said:
David B":5t75kg1y said:

David

It said 7 days left this morning so guessing it'll be taken off next Monday. Wouldn't be at all surprised if BBC4 repeats it again in the near future though.

David
Thanks, might just get chance to watch when I return.

Back