Wanted - entry level road/racing/touring bike

alaslas

Retro Newbie
Hi - new to the site, but have received a number of recommendations to look on here for a racing bike or similar, suitable for a novice rider wanting to gain experience of road cycling. So, if you have a ridable 56cm (or thereabouts) bike that might fit the bill, please let me know by PM or on this thread.

Budget=under £150.

Based in South Yorkshire/North of England, but can travel within around 50 miles for a sale.

Help a beginner out! Thanks.

From my experience you'd struggle to get anything half decent for 150. For 250, you could open alot more options and get something more modern. "Retro bikes" often require a lot of investment and cost you more in the long run.

something like this? http://www.lfgss.com/thread90034.html

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for all of your posts.

Unfortunately, none of the bikes seem to suit. The Dawes would have been out of my price range. £150 would be a top limit I think.

The Philips is too far away, and doesn't have enough gears for the hilly rides I'm used to around South Yorks!

If anyone has any more suggestions or links I'd really appreciate the heads up.

Back