Bored - need a new hobby.

Johnboy":y41cbom4 said:
Astronomy? Or if you're looking for something to replace biking that gets you outdoors and keeps you fit how about dogging?

Ahahaha he could even use his car to get there. An amalgamation of hobbies that.
The ultimate hobby?

collect mint memoribillia ....heres mine i goy for my birthday this week from the gf,

Attachments

• IMG_20120730_110007.jpg
    IMG_20120730_110007.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 657
brocklanders023":1g8e39py said:
Retro Tamiya RC like the Egress, Thundershot, Vanquish etc. Lot's of tinkering to be done and a right good laugh.

this is second on my list of hobbies once i get my house and shed :) (first being my bicycles of course...)

Sold all mine but might get some more in the future :cool:

Attachments

• 2009 Thai + Leed po 291.jpg
    2009 Thai + Leed po 291.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 631
  • tamiya egress 001.jpg
    tamiya egress 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 631
  • tamiya egress 020.jpg
    tamiya egress 020.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 631
Retro model trains maybe (plump for Graham Farish 00-gauge stuff if you want to score extra points for obscurity)?

David

Tools, particularly watchmakers tools and spend ages working out how they were used, as there are some pretty weird tools used in that trade and they are collectable, so a collection made has a value. Hey with such tools one could even get into watch and clock making or at least repairing, clockwork mechanisms and the beauty there within.

I am still glowing in victory from winning an old watchmaker's /Jewellers drill on ebay last night, the type that takes square shank spade bits for £10.30 posted and it has a selection of square shank bits with it, so bonus, I can use it straight away as I buy tools to use. The last few of these I was watching went for £60 and there abouts and in the US $125. But with my ideas of getting back into the craft market scene, I hope to be making as well as selling on site, but making using ancient tools designs, bow/pump drills, blowpipe hard soldering etc as I know that kind of stuff draws attention to saleable products through well, it's not seen in the western world these days, so is wachable. Yeah sure I have an electric pendant drill, various electric grinders and cutters and bottled gas heating equipment, but there is nothing like using hand tools people would have used thousands of years ago, like treadle powered lathes and fret saws. But in craft fair venues where fire is forbidden,usually inside venues I will have to go modern and build an induction forge for heating metal to workable temperatures as my craft is rather useless without the ability to heat metal.

Back