Out on the gray steel JT Sig

CCMDoc

BoTM Winner
Lesson number 1) Toe clips are not the same as clipless;
Lesson number 2) Wear toe-clip appropriate footwear which have cleats (I still have mine);
Lesson number 3) Pedal "flip & slip" takes a bit of practice when you haven't done it for 20+ years;
Lesson number 4) I still love this geometry, handling, feel and ride ...:D

I learned these lessons on my first outing on my steel Mongoose JT Sig while hopping a dirt mound I've hopped countless times on other bikes - with clipless pedals

It was a GREAT ride otherwise and that first episode forced me to pay more attention to my foot position for the next few obstacles.

Rapidly regained control ...

...but all of you know the feeling of having a foot or feet unintentionally lose contact with pedals while sailing through the air with the greatest of ease.

A few cell phone pics. Black Prestge bars on the way and still looking for ODI Mountaineer grips.

Attachments

• 88 JT 2.jpg
    88 JT 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 88 JT 3.jpg
    88 JT 3.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 88 JT 4.jpg
    88 JT 4.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 667
  • 88 JT 5.jpg
    88 JT 5.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 667
  • 88 JT 6.jpg
    88 JT 6.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 667
Thanks for the kind words.

It is a great bike - nimble and smooth - great handling characteristics.

Amazing how much fun these bikes can be even without suspension. In fact, I rarely ride my 2010 S-Works FSR, the vintage stuff is just ... cool :cool: :)

That looks great out where it belongs :cool:

mikee":37lt7bs0 said:
nice looking bike , any history /stories relating to it ?

Thanks!

No, no great stories yet. AS far as history, I'll have to ask the previous owner as it is new to me but if there are some, I'll pass them along.

Stay well and thanks

I regret selling mine before I finished building it!

If you need a NOS replacement Vetta 200 saddle, let me know. :)

mfh126":1ueeg5y8 said:
I regret selling mine before I finished building it!

If you need a NOS replacement Vetta 200 saddle, let me know. :)

It's really a very comfortable seat! I might have to do that - just to have a spare! :cool:

Back