French pedals for 1970s Peugeot

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
... as per title, I'm looking a nice pair of pedals... something period correct to a late '70s 531 Peugeot with French threads, Lyotard / Maillard / WHY? obviously suitable for toe-clips & straps!

cheers for looking,
Alex

Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
garethrl":1vjasl27 said:
Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.

cheers fella, I am watching them already but thanks all the same. Quills are nicer but am open to suggestion

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.

garethrl":3r84fvwy said:
Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.

No, they went above my highest price by a fair bit. Really appreciate your looking for me!

Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...

garethrl":28odi8vx said:
Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...

I thought I'd look around for the right pedals before considering the re-threading route... there's plenty of time before I'll get desperate. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.

Chris":1tvnbuhn said:
Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.

yeah me too, thanks tho!!

want to try n find some French threads first as I spent a lot on the crankset!

Back