Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Tweed Valley ~ AFTERMATH pg7

elPedro666":3tccp4um said:
This from the man who required suspension and Vs for Delamere Forest...? I'm sure one of those roots reared up at least three inches! :p :twisted:

Shocking misrepresentation there Pete.
It was the closest bike to hand at the time.

And to think I was going to offer you a lift...

elPedro666":2ndcx6v0 said:
We're hoping to spend a few days in the tent again this year - is there a preferred campsite? Stayed somewhere with a castle/bar in the middle of the campsite a few years back, really like to stay there again if that makes sense for everybody?
That'll be the Rosetta campsite/caravan park in Peebles.
It's a bit on the pricey side as I recall. I prefer the Tweedside in Innerleithen but it doesn't have a bar.
Plenty of pubs in the village though.

Nope :LOL:

Seriously though the trails are rough, rideable but rough. We're only thinking of your delicate bodies with our suspension advice but if you think/know your tough enough then bring a rigid. Infact why not bring a full aluminium cyclocrosser with skinny high psi tyres and really show us how its done :D

I'm riding my Trek Y-3, i rattled myself and my Bridgestone MB3 to death on the recon ride, i cant do it again, please dont make me.....please !!!!!!!

I'm wondering now...
Is this 'suspension' nonsense a double-bluff for the amusement of the locals: knowing we'll all bite at the affront and turn up with 80psi in our 1.5 Contis, leaving us unable to cling onto our Sweetheart Stout without our convulsing forearms shaking it into a foaming catastrophe?! Assuming we can hold the can at all.

To be on the safe side, best bring straws :cool:

elPedro666":3ty6jjtk said:
I'm wondering now...
Is this 'suspension' nonsense a double-bluff for the amusement of the locals: knowing we'll all bite at the affront and turn up with 80psi in our 1.5 Contis, leaving us unable to cling onto our Sweetheart Stout without our convulsing forearms shaking it into a foaming catastrophe?! Assuming we can hold the can at all.

To be on the safe side, best bring straws :cool:

we've danced through the peaks. frolicked on the cut gate path and, other barmy stuff on't moors. i'm up for the challenge :cool:

with full suspension

:)

It should be noted that its been done on a Klunker before as well....drum brakes anaw!

elPedro666":3ndohm19 said:
Sweetheart Stout without our convulsing forearms shaking it into a foaming catastrophe?!

It won't be your arms that are convulsing after the sweetheart stout :)

Back