Olympic road race Saturday

kaiser":162gyd76 said:
Tell me this is a hoax?

7669593538_02d5070f8d_b.jpg

Also wrong. Not unknown to the governing bodies for drug use:
Vinokourov, banned for a year after doping at the 2007 Tour de France,
The UCI then renewed an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, asking it to overturn the one-year suspension by the Kazakh federation and to impose a standard two-year ban. This appeal, originally filed in 2007, was dropped when Vinokourov said he was retiring.[52] The case was retabled and the CAS said the ban would expire on 24 July 2009.[53]

tintin40":18vu0v75 said:
kaiser":18vu0v75 said:
Tell me this is a hoax?

7669593538_02d5070f8d_b.jpg

Also wrong. Not unknown to the governing bodies for drug use:
Vinokourov, banned for a year after doping at the 2007 Tour de France,
The UCI then renewed an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, asking it to overturn the one-year suspension by the Kazakh federation and to impose a standard two-year ban. This appeal, originally filed in 2007, was dropped when Vinokourov said he was retiring.[52] The case was retabled and the CAS said the ban would expire on 24 July 2009.[53][/quote

dont forget that he also has been accused of buying his win in liege bastonge liege for 100 ,000 euro,s . i can hardly think of a worse winner

Road racing doesn't really work for me as an olympic sport. There would have been dozens of riders who sat in the peleton all day and didn't really try. What other olympic sports are there were some of the competitors don't try their best?

JamesM":1s7tpna5 said:
Road racing doesn't really work for me as an olympic sport. There would have been dozens of riders who sat in the peleton all day and didn't really try. What other olympic sports are there were some of the competitors don't try their best?

most of them had a team mate in the group at the front .
everyone from the start knew that team GB were doing it all for Cav .

that tactic worked at the Worlds championship but not on saturday .

as for Vino , innocent till proven guilty .

cchris2lou":39yyoti2 said:
JamesM":39yyoti2 said:

I know why they weren't trying, I was saying that's why for me it doesn't make sense as an Olympic sport.

Cracking day out - excellent weather, nice almost traffic-free roads across much of Surrey. Only cloud on the horizon was my camera batteries packing up, thankfully got directions to the nearest photographic shop from a very helpful couple in Leatherhead, and said shop sorted me out in next to no time. Ended up with a better viewing spot than I'd originally picked, got to see the race head through town on its way back up to London & photographed the GB guys driving the main bunch along.
Shame about the result from a GB point of view, although Lizzie's silver medal yesterday* after a slog through some truly dire weather more than made up for that! :)

David

*I wisely stayed indoors in the dry and watched the women's RR on the box.

Lysander":vcfpazng said:
Daily Mail in printing-load-of-baws shocker!!

^^^^
What he said. Just the kind of tosh you expect to roll off the presses at Dacre Towers. Not exactly known for their pro-bike views at the DM & MoS, after all. :roll:

David

JamesM":ib2tm55k said:
cchris2lou":ib2tm55k said:
JamesM":ib2tm55k said:

I know why they weren't trying, I was saying that's why for me it doesn't make sense as an Olympic sport.

The TT on Wednesday - assuming Wiggins isn't too knackered from all the work he did on Saturday - looks a better bet for a GB medal in any case, seeing as team tactics don't apply there. Cancellara looked in some discomfort after his "off" on Saturday so that may have scuppered his chances somewhat. Froome and Martin look to be the other other main podium contenders, van Garderen and Chavanel ought to put in good rides too.

David

Latest posts

Back