dynatech decade.

i really want to get out and ride this, but as usual i don't have the funds to buy any gears brakes etc...
the only way i could get this running would be to dismantle the merlin.
but at least if i did that the dynatech would have a nice xtr m900 groupset on it.
so what should i do. i'd really appreciate some input.
here is a pic of the merlin.

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 958

Both lovely bikes :cool:

I think you could swap the M900 onto the Raleigh and maybe run slightly more modern parts on the Merlin.
Those Merlin frames seem to have the ability to be built up using a massive variety of parts and still look awesome :D

I made an offer on this twice! :D :D

If it were me, I'd build it up with something like LX and then replace in your own time with M900...

Gets you riding...

PS, I also thought quite hard about taking a punt on your Merlin before you bagged it!

Here is the original spec sheet.

img009.jpg
[/img]

Nice is that. Since you've got the list it'd be rude not to build it to the factory spec ;)

You may as well take the bits off the Merlin as you can always change back again later.

looking like i'll be taking the m900 kit off the merlin.
much as i love the merlin, the m900 belongs on the dynatech.
thanks for the input.
and a special thanks to paininthe for the dynatech top.
i will be using the dynatech on the september national ride.

videojetman":3bdda7wu said:
and a special thanks to paininthe for the dynatech top.

Is it this one?

img014.jpg

The guy in the picture is none other than Rod Ellingworth of Team Sky, on the day he joined the Delta Racing Team; factory team of Raleigh Special Products.

If its the same one...its a shame your having to find the parts for this... Was complete not a month ago.

Hope you can get it looking as good as it used to as it very different.

Back